I had the chance to attend the Baylor Football Texas Tour in Fort Worth a couple of weeks ago. The dinner featured Jeff Nixon, Joey McGuire, and David Wetzel. Below are a few thoughts and observations on the evening.
- The rumor (if you can call it that) of John Lovett getting a look at safety is 100% true. All coaches believe he has the physical capabilities to make the transition and that there is no “downside” to the move.
- James Lockhart was the name given by the coaches when discussing a breakout player.
- Coach Nixon mentioned that one thing the staff will be looking at in fall camp is the battle for the backup QB position.
- Very impressed with coach Nixon. He spoke very confidently when discussing the upcoming season. He talked about the goal being to compete for a Big 12 championship.
- Of course the coaches are “exciiiiiiited” about every single player that was asked about. And it seemed like every player had a “great” spring. So of course there was a lot of coach speak, but that is expected at these kind of events.
Overall it was a great night among Baylor fans. All the coaches were extremely personable and took the time to answer every question.
Source: Our Daily Bears