MANHATTAN, Kan. – As part of its commitment to the Best Fan Experience in the Big 12, K-State Athletics today announced a comprehensive list of new improvements for fans to expect at Bill Snyder Family Stadium for the 2018 season.
“Our fans are the lifeblood of what makes Bill Snyder Family Stadium one of the best atmospheres in college football,” Director of Athletics Gene Taylor said. “We’re always looking for ways to make their experience better. Our fans do an outstanding job informing us of their concerns through surveys and emails, and we take that input very seriously when considering making improvements and enhancements that will serve as a benefit for them.”
Among the improvements are a new beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace – open to all fans – starting two hours prior to kick, student mobile ticketing, the new Powercat Perks loyalty rewards program, additional concessions options including Chick-fil-A on the south concourse and an expanded Willie’s Fun Zone area for families.
Also, during warm weather games six water refill tanks will be spread throughout the stadium, including on the View Level, and available for all fans as a “hydration station.” Fans are reminded that they can bring in one 1-liter bottle of commercial brand water that has not been opened and is not frozen. Bottles can then be refilled at the hydration stations. Approximately $1.5 million in enhancements to the Peoples State Bank East Club are among the improvements, and fans will have the opportunity to view those upgrades at Saturday’s Fan Appreciation Day as the east club will be open to the public.
A list of improvements for the 2018 season can be found below:
- New beer garden on the Goss Family South Tailgate Terrace will be open to all fans starting two hours prior to kick-off through the end of the 3rd quarter.
- $1.5 million renovation to the Peoples State Bank East Club.
- Six hydration stations located throughout all areas and levels of the stadium.
- Introduction of Student Mobile Ticketing: K-State students will receive their athletic passes through email for mobile phone use.
- New pedestal scanners added at Gates T and V for more efficient entry to K-State student section.
- Introduction of new Powercat Perks loyalty rewards program and mobile app.
- Reveal of unique fan experiences and seat upgrades via the “K-State Moments” platform on K-State Sports mobile app.
- Additional concessions options on View Level.
- Two cell phone charging stations for fans to utilize.
- New Chick-fil-A offerings on south concourse.
- Expanded Willie’s Fun Zone area for family-friendly activities pregame. This will be exclusive for Junior Wildcat Club members at the first game.
- Increased ticket options in Section 28 to fit every budget including new GA mini-plan.
- Additional placement of out-of-town scores on the north end Carl & Mary Ice video boards.
- Addition of a new wireless video board camera to enhance views of game action and in-game promotions.
- Increased View Level interaction including Willie Wildcat, The Pride, and Spirit appearances.
- Additional mothers’ room in Legends Room of Bramlage Coliseum.
- Enhanced KSHDTV set presence for fans to watch and listen to KSHDTV’s pregame, in-game, and postgame shows featuring former K-State FB players from the northwest corner of BSFS.
- New televisions, wayfinding signage, and cosmetic improvements on the east side concourse.
You can view a video update from AD Taylor regarding these improvements by clicking here.
K-State begins the 2018 season and seven-game home slate on Saturday, September 1, against South Dakota, a game that kicks off at 6:10 p.m., and serves as the 10th-annual K-State Family Reunion. Tickets for the home opener are still available, including a Wildcat 4 Pack for just $99. To purchase single-game tickets, please click here.
Source: Kansas State Sports