I’m a bit of softy but this ten-minute video about an elderly couple who had their last conversation recorded is #relationshipgoals for the holiday.
• Marcus Watson finds a home
• Pokes vs. Huskers upcoming (sort of, eventually)
• Loyalty in CFB
• The highest-rated recruit of the 2019 class Marcus Watson has found a new basketball home out west at New Mexico State.
“The panel does not consider (Watson) to be a danger to campus, but feels that he would benefit from some separation from campus to reflect on his actions,” according to the committee documents.
But there was an opportunity for reinstatement in the fall.
Watson, 19, initially wanted a second chance with the Cowboys. But he knew that might not happen, so he entered the NCAA transfer portal last month. [NewsOK]
The findings for the Title IX investigation might have said it all – some separation from campus to reflect would be beneficial. This is probably the best for all parties involved from the victim finding more peace about the situation to Watson getting to learn from his lesson and have a fresh start.
• The Pokes are taking on the Huskers in a home-and-home – 14 years from now
• These pictures from the Final Four run in 1995 were a lot of fun to look at
• This line in a college football (at-large) piece on loyalty was good:
”Loyalty, we shouldn’t talk about it,” said former coach Rick Neuheisel, who is now an analyst for CBS Sports. ”It’s doing what’s best for you.” [Yahoo Sports]
That jaded of a stance isn’t completely necessary but I think it might be with coaches. Ask Chuba Hubbard and Tylan Wallace if they feel a sense of loyalty to Oklahoma State. For the (relative to the coaches) uncompensated players, you see more loyalty to the school than the paycheck.
• Lamont Evans (basketball assistant who got OSU in trouble) has South Carolina, his previous employer, receiving NCAA allegations as well
• This SI piece on what’s broken about college football is great
• Gosh these unis were fun – can you imagine if we had deep tournament team wearing them?
— Cowboy Basketball (@OSUMBB) February 13, 2020
• Doug is a toothless in Seattle-Joe’s shirt away from perfection.
It’s my t-shirt wardrobe from the spring and early summer of 1995. #tbthursday remembering the @OSUMBB Final Four squad that is set for some recognition this Saturday. What a great run to Seattle! #okstate #GoPokes pic.twitter.com/T0IrirbGVL
— Doug Shivers (@casdas29) February 13, 2020
• “There are several reasons”
Japan’s elite lost-and-found system
• Breaking out of the algorithms
• Finished this popular book (Four Hour Workweek) – some interesting ideas that certainly have an opportunity to be applied/work well
The post Daily Bullets (Feb. 14): Marcus Watson Finds a Home, Loyalty in CFB appeared first on Pistols Firing.
Source: Pistols Firing