“If you have an idea that you genuinely think is good, don’t let some idiot talk you out of it.” – Stan Lee
• A (set of) big time Hall of Fame snubs
• Hogs honor Eddie
• Samantha Show was just what was needed
• SB: Cowgirls 3, Florida State 1
• BB: Cowboys 2, Baylor 0
• Seth Duckworth reported on a very surprising yet high profile set of hall of fame snubs earlier this week.
There’s another hall of fame discussion that receives little attention and may be similarly deserving of the criticism the hoop hall receives for its snub of Sutton.
Neither John Smith or Ed Gallagher are in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. In fact, there’s not one wrestler in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame.
Athletes like Kevin Durant, Wayman Tisdale, and Russell Westbrook, coaches Barry Switzer, Henry Iba, and Darrell Royal, gymnasts Bart Conner and Shannon Miller, and many others have made the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Even David Boren (cringe) is a member. [PFB]
How. In. The. World. I’m all for getting Eddie into Springfield but I’m not sure how there are zero wrestlers.
“What in the wide, wide world of sports is a goin’ on here?”
Great reporting Seth…
Wrestling allows Oklahoma to lay claim to more Olympic Gold Medals than over 100 countries and allows the state to claim more NCAA championships than any state that’s comparable in population. https://t.co/N3EaN47yqs
— Larry Reece (@cowboyvoice) May 22, 2019
• The University of Arkansas announced a pretty cool honor for Eddie yesterday.
The University of Arkansas Board of Trustees approved naming the men’s basketball team’s practice gym after former coach Eddie Sutton at their May meeting Thursday in Little Rock.
The gym, located inside the Razorbacks’ Basketball Performance Center, will be known as the Eddie Sutton Men’s Basketball Practice Gym.
The Basketball Performance Center is located across the street from Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville and houses locker rooms, training areas, separate practice gyms and coaches’ offices for the men’s and women’s basketball teams. [Whole Hog Sports]
It’s not as impressive as naming your court after him… but it’s a great gesture. I can’t believe he was in Arkansas for 11 years!
• When Cowgirl Samantha Show shut down the Seminoles last night, you could see why Kenny Gajewski brought in her in this year.
“We needed somebody that could walk out front and say, ‘We’re about to go to war, and you’ve got to get through me first,’” Cowgirl coach Kenny Gajewski said. “We just needed some toughness here.”
When he heard (Show) was transferring from Texas A&M last summer, he was immediately interested. He needed an arm; she is a great one. He wanted a pitcher who could hit; she definitely can. And he loved her fiery demeanor. [NewsOK]
What a fascinating comment – a fiery leader that’s the face of the team drawing the ire of opponents. I’d be fascinated to think about who that has been for Cowboy Football over the years.
In terms of a 1-yr impact player, @SamanthaShow03 is reminding me of @OSUBaseball‘s Lamont Matthews. He batted .384/30/105 to lead OSU to the 1999 #CWS. Show’s performance tonight was elite and we will see if she can lead @CowgirlSB to the #WCWS #okstate #GoPokes #FTG pic.twitter.com/RD1IzRyjbQ
— Doug Shivers (@casdas29) May 24, 2019
• Easily one of the better photobombs I’ve seen:
— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguys) May 24, 2019
• How the Big 12 is impacting NFL defenses caught me by surprise
• This is how all productive conversations start – but an ESPN personality asked what team you would want to be kicked out of your conference and the replies were incredibly unified… Baylor.
If you had the power to kick one school out of your favorite team’s league, which team would you choose?
— Myron Medcalf (@MedcalfByESPN) May 22, 2019
• Interesting angle – smartphones are toys first, tools second
• Ways to break up the horror of the “same old thing”
• Food for thought in “why bad things happen to good decisions”
I can’t stop watching this – NBA fans will get a kick out of this guy imitating Steph Curry.
Curry’s Offense Be Like…pic.twitter.com/phkmi2jU3j
— Max (@maxisnicee) May 21, 2019
The post Daily Bullets (May 24): Hogs Honor Eddie, Hall of Fame Snubs appeared first on Pistols Firing.
Source: Pistols Firing