Join us in the comments section as Jamie Dixon brings his Horned Frogs into hostile territory to take on our No. 12 ranked Mountaineers
Welcome to the Game Thread. Veterans of the Game Thread know how we do things around here but, for the uninitiated, we have a few rules. Our community guidelines apply and basically say be cool, no personal attacks, and don’t be a troll.
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Time: 9:00PM ET
Location: WVU Coliseum, Morgantown, West Virginia
Channel: ESPNU | DirecTV 208, Dish 141
Announcers: Rich Hollenberg and King McClure
Online Streaming: WatchESPN with a valid cable subscription
Radio Announcers: Tony Caridi & Jay Jacobs
Betting Odds: West Virginia -7.5, Total 127.5 via VegasInsider.com
Reminder: It is against site policy to post links to illegal streams in the comments.
- WVU is 13-2 in all-time series play against TCU. West Virginia is 7-0 against TCU in Morgantown, including last year’s 104-96 triple overtime victory on Feb. 26. All but one meeting has been during the Big 12 regular season. TCU’s two wins in the series took place in Fort Worth in 2018 and in 2019.
- WVU is 23-8 all-time on January 14. The Mountaineers are 509-329 in the month of January
- In the latest NET rankings released this week by the NCAA, WVU checked in at No. 10 with a No. 2 strength of schedule. WVU’s 15 opponents have a combined winning percentage of .761 (187-61), the highest percentage in the country.
- In the latest NCAA statistics, WVU ranks fifth in offensive rebounds per game (14.3), second in 3-point FG% defense (23.3), third in FG% defense (35.1) and sixth in rebounds per game (42.3).
- Gabe Osabuohien leads WVU with 69 deflections (57 in last eight games) and 10 charges taken.
- With a win at Oklahoma State on Dec. 29, 2017, Bob Huggins moved past Jim Phelan on the NCAA Division I winningest coaches list. Huggins’ record now stands at 873-364 in his 38th season as a head coach. He needs three more victories to tie Adolph Rupp for seventh place all-time and six more wins to tie Dean Smith for sixth place all-time
PREGAME READING & UPDATES
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always…
Source: Smoking Musket