Join us in the comments as the Mountaineers travel to Lubbock to take on the Red Raiders in a matchup of two top 25 teams.
When, Where, and How To Watch
When: Saturday, September 29, 2018, Noon ET
Where: Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, Texas
How to Watch: ESPN2 and WatchESPN
- This is the eighth meeting between the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Texas Tech Red Raiders. West Virginia holds a 5-2 series record, with the last meeting ending in a 46-35 Mountaineer win over a No. 24 Texas Tech.
- West Virginia is converting 62 percent (20-of-32) of its third-down attempts, ranking No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 2 nationally. Texas Tech is holding opponents to 28 percent on third down conversions (17-of-61).
- David Long Jr. is averaging 10.3 tackles per game, 7.0 solo tackles per game and 1.83 tackles for loss per game.
- West Virginia ranks No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 8 nationally in total offense, averaging 545.3 yards per game. WVU is averaging 8.18 yards per play this season, which ranks No. 3 nationally.
- West Virginia ranks No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 3 nationally in tackles for loss as a team (31). The Mountaineers are ranked No. 43 nationally and No. 3 in the Big 12 in passing yards allowed per game (185.3)
- VegasInsider.com currently lists West Virginia as a 3.5 point favorite over Texas Tech, with the over/under set at 73 points.
Join The Conversation!
Find a warm, comfortable spot, grab a favorite beverage or threeve, and join in on the running commentary, random observations, silly images, gifs, snark, wit, bitches, complaints, moans, groans, cheers, celebration and jubilation in the comments section below.
And, as always…
Source: Smoking Musket