Pokes are putting their two-game win streak on the line tonight in Morgantown at 6pm (CST) – beat the ‘Neers.
• Rutherford in today’s NBA
• Why Randy is OSU’s best three-point shooter
• Boynton on the resurgence
• Berry Tramel drew a fascinating conversation out of Big Country and Randy Rutherford about how much more valuable Rutherford would be professionally in today’s NBA.
So let’s talk about it. Rutherford played three years at OSU, 1992-95. Rutherford averaged 13.3, 13.1 and 19.6 points a game in those three years, for a career average of 15.6.
Rutherford’s 3-point shooting percentages were .437, .404 and .418, for a career percentage of .418.
Today, a 41.8 percent 3-point shooter who shoots 9.4 treys a game (as Rutherford did as a senior), would be widely heralded. It wasn’t that celebrated 25 years ago. [NewsOK]
Tramel gave Rutherford a Buddy Hield-comparison, undersized by sharpshooting shooting guard. I love it and couldn’t agree more.
• While we’re talking about Randy Rutherford, he explained why he’s the best three-point shooter in school history regardless of who’s name is there in the record books (Keiton Page, Phil Forte):
Someone started a question to Rutherford about the best 3-point shooter in OSU history, when Rutherford interjected: “No doubt it’s me.”
Rutherford sat smiling as laughter broke out.
“I agree,” Reeves said.
“You don’t even have to get there,” Rutherford added as he looked at his inquisitor, fully aware he ranks behind Phil Forte and Keiton Page on OSU’s career 3-point chart. “I look at it this way. I did it in three years. It took them four years.” [TulsaWorld]
There you have it – a year less of prime Randy.
• Mike Boynton chatted about what’s been behind the resurgence of late.
“Our job as a staff is to find ways to still have success (despite 3-point shooting struggles),” OSU coach Mike Boynton said. “We’ve done it through our defense and rebounding and trying to get to the free-throw line a little bit more and driving the ball to the basket…” [PFB]
• Cowboys face another serious baseball program tonight on the road
• Kalib Boone and Jonathan Laurent have been a treat lately – that Isaac Likekele to Boone slam was awesome.
— Cowboy Basketball (@OSUMBB) February 16, 2020
• No substantial updates at this time on the Cowboys’ four-star forward prospect for the 2020 class – no favorites among the three finalists
• This piece about the coach who went from Colorado -> Michigan State was super interesting – no clue what to think about coaches who switch jobs hours after a fundraising event
• Welcome to the era of fake products
• Finished this fiction book over the weekend – a great series and this installment is a prodigal son allegory
• The limits of high-speed rail are simultaneously fascinating and terrifying
While we’re on the subject of tech – this is wild:
This is extraordinary
The Crown Prince of Dubai @HamdanMohammed just posted this video: “A major milestone in the quest to achieve 100% autonomous human flight.”
The milestone is about speed (and perhaps altitude)
This isn’t your ordinary jetpack…watch the whole clip pic.twitter.com/SoDquf5IAv
— Yashar Ali (@yashar) February 17, 2020
The post Daily Bullets (Feb. 18): Lots of Randy Rutherford Talk, Boynton on the Resurgence appeared first on Pistols Firing.
Source: Pistols Firing